Opt Out

If you don’t want a payment from this settlement, but you want keep the right to sue or continue to sue Hyundai, on your own, about the legal issues in this case, then you must take steps to get out. This is called excluding yourself—or is sometimes referred to as opting out of the settlement Class.

To exclude yourself from the settlement, you must send a letter by mail saying that you want to be excluded from Wylie v. Hyundai Motor America, No. 8:16-cv-02102-DOC-JCG. Be sure to include your name, address, telephone number, Vehicle Identification Number (“VIN”) of your Class Vehicle (which is located on a placard on the top of the dashboard visible through the driver’s side corner of the windshield), and signature. You must mail your exclusion request postmarked no later than December 26, 2019 to:

Class Counsel

Mark A. Ozzello
Tarek H. Zohdy
Capstone Law APC
1875 Century Park East, Suite 1000
Los Angeles, California 90067
Class Counsel

Troy L. Isaacson
Norberto J. Cisneros
Maddox | Isaacson | Cisneros LLP
11920 Southern Highlands Pkwy, Ste 100
Las Vegas, Nevada 89141
Defense Counsel

Ekwan E. Rhow
David I. Hurwitz
Bird, Marella, Boxer, Wolpert, Nessim, Drooks, Lincenberg & Rhow, P.C.
1875 Century Park East, 23rd Fl.
Los Angeles, California 90067

You can’t exclude yourself on the phone or by e-mail. If you ask to be excluded, you will not get any settlement payment and you cannot object to the settlement. You will not be legally bound by anything that happens in this lawsuit. You may be able to sue (or continue to sue) Hyundai in the future.

For additional information, please refer to the Long Form Notice.